Thursday, September 27, 2007

Moody Blues


This is an illustration of Evelyn's current emotional state (please note: pictures taken within a 15 second time frame). Yes she is on a roller coaster and when she is not laughing or crying, she is doing her best to ensure that one or both of her parents loose it. I know this is a phase and as my Dad reminded me , this too shall pass, but , man! she can get snippy.
This stage of hers also happens to coincide with a "phase" of my own , a 5 day abscence of her father and some physical growth on her part that has resulted in her winning the award for Klutz of the Week! Needless to say, since the emotions are all over the board, the slightest bump can be magnified into a life threatening disaster, I can not tell you the times I have had to say " No Evelyn I will not make you a doctor's appointment for this ( a stubbed toe or something of that nature) ". Also since Les is away for a few days, I am all on my own here and I need re-inforcements in the best of times.
Hopefully with some extra patience from me ( where do you get that?!?!!) and some time, we will find our stride again, until then I am afraid my mother technique can be classified as 80's trailer park. eek. Seriuosly though, I am trying to change the way that I am reacting to some of this stuff and hopefully this will result in her coming along with me, that , or I will either be canonized OR imprisoned. ha.
I love Evelyn and really even though we are both acting like bee-othches we are still having some fun and I make sure that we end each day on a positive note, with story time, and cuddling and rocking in our rocking chair together, that's about all I can do until we are back on track.

No comments: