Monday, July 20, 2009

No Trust

Since my camera freaked out at the Aquarium in Newport, I have been reluctant to take any more photos with it. I have been using my i-phone. Then, I loaded up the i-phone pictures and I can access them from my Kodak program but not from the Blogger photo up-load page!!!! What is going on? I have attempted to talk with Leslie about this but, he ummm... is a bit like me, we just pretend that at any moment, the computer will remember to do what we want it to do.
For instance, we used to have 2 profiles on the computer- mine and his. I would use mine to do my stuff, up load pictures- e-mails and what-not. Well, then one day Les decided that having 2 was silly , what with all of that logging off and on and back and forth. So he went through the process of combining our profiles into one. Ok. Fine. Except that all of the pictures that I had up loaded from my profile- months and months worth, are no longer accessible. This means that when I want to go back and put older pictures on the Blog, I can't. It means that we have pictures (theoretically) that I haven't laid eyes on in years.
We both just keep avoiding this issue.
Is that weird? I mean we are so go get 'em in every other part of our lives, but the computer? That confounds us and makes us nervous.
I don't trust it.
I don't trust my camera anymore.
I don't REALLY trust Les when he tells me that all of those pictures aren't lost, when he says they are on a disc somewhere. I won't even REALLY attempt to find this "disc" because I am afraid that I will strangle Leslie if he is wrong.
Because I don't trust myself either.
The other issue with my pictures is that I am so behind on ordering my digitals onto prints that I am about 2 years behind! Maybe more. This makes my chest feel all weird and tight and I start to get a bit panicky. I want those prints. beautiful glossy pictures in albums. In order so we can browse through them. I am afraid that any minute the computer will just pphhtttt! and I will loose, literally thousands of photos of my family life.
Then we still have the whole, "the computer is slow that I can't even bother to up load pictures right now" issue.
All of this is to say that when I get my trust issues sussed out, there will be a return of photos to this site.

Also? My video camera broke. That was a few weeks ago when I was right in the middle of finding all of Ev's baby footage for her to see. So, as you can see we are a bit of a mess when it comes to our "media".

No comments: