Sunday, February 14, 2010

Overheard At Smokewood

I love my family. They have a particular verbal style that can not be beat.
This is a conversation between my Mom and my sister while driving around the other day:
Gma: Oh Lissa see that restaurant?
Lissa: yeah
Gma: They do Teriyaki there!
Lissa: Oh? You mean like teriyaki food?
Gma: No like teriyaki, when you sing along!
Lissa: (choking gasping) OH you mean Karaoke

See what I mean?

Then at the party today we had Nonnie, The Queen Absolute of Effed Up Grammar ( God bless her).

Me: hey I just went to Chipotle for the first time and I loved it!
Nonnie: Oh I love to go there it's so good, especially if you get sour cream and Gua... gaca...Guatemala on your burrito!


Brev: May I be excused? (may hi bee astoozed?)
Nonnie: Beetlejuice is playing tonight?!?!?!


Fun fun fun.

No comments: