Ok.. So I told my sister that I would try to post updates on the blog to keep everyone informed on the details of their trip to China. I will do my best to step into my sisters shoes, but I'm warning you all now... I am not as talkative, imaginative, or animated as my sister. God love her. So, the story telling details & updates from me will not be as entertaining, but I'm just filling in people! I'm more like a 'get to the point kinda girl'. So here we go...
My son and I went to their house last night to spend the night and drive them to the airport this morning. I had the pleasure of witnessing some last minute packing 'discussions' (oh my.. did she really need 2 downy spray dewrinklers and 2 frebreze air fresheners?), some major concerns and good-byes to Billy Bones, and ofcourse some passing off of little cut up papers and pink tickets from Evelyn to Brevin. God help him to keep track of them because Evelyn will know if even ONE tiny piece is missing. Oh well, its his butt on the line, not mine. And at one point, after my sister made 4 complete circles around her kitchen and did absolutely nothing, I finally had to say... "Sis..whats goin on? What r u trying to do?" Then she just changed directions. I'm still not sure what she was doing. All I know is that she was a nervous wreck, but she was trying her best to keep her shit together. (which btw would have fooled anyone else but her sister) We settled down kinda early, seeing how they had to be up by 5 am. But rumor has it the only people that actually got any sleep were the kids.
We left early enough this morning to stop and get breakfast. It was a mixture of emotions. Happy, because we were together & I was able to see them off with love. Sad, because we were going to be apart for two weeks. Nervous, because its going to be a very long hard trip. Happy because Liam finally gets to come home. Sad, because its going to be hard on him. Nervous, because they are soo far away. And those are just my feelings. I cant speak for them and I wouldn't even begin to try.
On to the details.. their 1st flight left @ 10am, then they had a layover. Their 2nd flight left @ 12:20 and they will arrive in Beijing @ 2:40 am our time. 2:40 pm China time. They're going to try to stay awake and keep busy until evening, so they're able to adjust to China time.
2 comments:
Mecca...congrats on ur first blog!! You had bold and underlined words, very proud!! NOW WOULD U PLEASE SIGN UP FOR FACEBOOK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!
Samonella
Very good job! Thanks so much for the updates. I'm thinking about them and was gonna be seriously jonesin' if I had to wait 2 weeks for news!!
Post a Comment