Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Then There Was A Gymnastics "Show"







The Bean has been in Gymnastics now for, what? , a few months? On Monday, we had the big, end of the "semester" ...ummm...."Show". Yes, I am being a bit sarcastic about the show because it was a bit of organized chaos. I was very proud of Bean. She did awesome! There were two hitches though.
One: they never had the entire group practice together so she was a bit put off by ALL of the kids and chaos that was there, she expected it to be a bit more like her classes are, I tried to prepare her but sometimes they just have to see for themselves. Then there was the skipping.
Two: My child can not skip. Period. She tries and it just looks like weird walking. So she grabbed her teacher's hand for that part. That's about it.
The place was crowded and I was thinking that she really wouldn't do anything out there, especially after she shot me the "I am angry about this situation and I am going to make someone PAY" look while they were all "warming up". However, when her favorite teacher smiled at her and encouraged her, she got right into the little routine and performed like a champ (all except for that damn skipping).
Then she got a medal.
Then flowers from Grandma, Lissa and Brevin.
Then dinner out at Olive Garden.
She has worn that medal every moment of the day since Miss Anita put it around her neck.
I have waited a long time to be a Mommy at one of those "you know you hate them but your kid is so cute and learned so much that you cry anyway" functions. It was pretty cool.